Friday, June 19, 2009

Blog about Blog

When I started this thing a few months ago, I had thought that it would be a great thing to do. I had a lot to say and felt that people would be interested in what I had to say and some might agree and some would not.
I had no idea that this whole thing was really all about pretty pictures and somewhat of a popularity contest.
It certainly has been a learning and humbling experience. I live with a family of diverse backgrounds and political views for which I usually try to stay clear of in defense for my sanity. I have listened to ridiculious reasons for what Republicans think is important in our country. I have watched Democrats buckle under to public opinion for no apparant reason. I have given independants the benefit of the doubt, knowing that their opinion really doesn't count because they have little representatives in power. I have read many books giving ideas of coruption and fear tactics to sway someone their way, but I think we are all missing the real meaning of life here. In the final outcome, it really has little to do with spirituality which is really what is important in life. When we are lying on our death beds, I do not think the Almighty is going to care what Party affiliation you belonged to, let alone how much money you are worth. I cannot comprehend how Muslims equate war with religion and why generation after generation are brain washed to believe this.

No comments:

Post a Comment