Thursday, November 19, 2009


It has been a rough week. My co-worker was let go on Monday and I have been running a one-man show. I knew it would be rough when they started piling on more patients. The first three days I had help from others and everything seemed to be ok. Now toward the end of the week and still way behind, the enthusiasm to help has somewhat faded. I'm getting responses like, "i have a meeting to go to and will help when it's over then nothing. Or "i have to do this then I will be back and they don't come back. It is so typical in the workplace, that people have good intentions but when it comes down to it, they loose interest. This is not the type of job that you can let run behind before it starts running away out of control. I may have to just let that happen until they get the point. Human Resources crawls at turtle speed to get positions posted and really could care less how long it takes. Hiring a temp is not a good idea because the time it takes to train them is so time consuming that I may as well do it myself. Life is grand for me right now. I have put in long ass hours and feel like a permanent fixture there. Isn't it great to be screwed? Screwed is where I want to be! ha ha who cares! See you all when tide recedes! Peace out!

No comments:

Post a Comment