Sunday, November 29, 2009

THANKS BLIP DJ's

For the last couple of months, I've been working on recapturing my music collection. When my Dell of almost eleven years had a hard drive crash (That's right 11 years, unheard of) after trying to remove a virus someone on twitter sent me (Thank you very Much Mark Taylor) I could not salvage anything. Of course it is my fault for not having it all backed up to a external hard drive. A lesson hard learned to say the least. As many of you know I'm a DJ on blipFM and it has been a learning experience to become exposed to new music and friends. I love the variety of the music these awesome DJ's blip on there. I was never really a big "Metal" freak or a big hair fan, whatever you want to call it, but since becoming a DJ, I have discovered/re-discovered all these bands. My mainstream music has always been Classic Rock, Alternative, Pop, Jazz. I have such a vast knowledge of Classic rock that many think I'm much older than I really am. I have devoted ridiculous hours studying and listening to it. Still I find it amazing that there such a vast amount of music out there that I know little about. I would really like to take an opportunity to thank all of the DJ's on blip for sharing with me their music and knowledge of all kinds. My heart is still deep rooted in the classic rock, but thanks to them, I have learned to grow in appreciation of some great musical styles. Besides, I can't listen to the same stuff all the time, even though I think my ipod is possessed to keep playing the same bands over and over when set on shuffle. With close to 5000 songs now and growing, you would think it would have plenty to shuffle around!
I wish I could thank you all personally but there are vastly too many. You all are AWESOME!!

No comments:

Post a Comment